Ballinafad House, Belcarra, Castlebar, Co. Mayo
Ballinafad House, Belcarra, Castlebar, Co. Mayo
GROUND FLOOR/ BASEMENT
The Ground Floor/ Basement comprises:
- Link Hallway to Chapel
- 5 Meeting Rooms with 1 complete (Potential to develop into Bedrooms) - Laundry Room in Basement
- Chemistry Room in Basement
- 9 Rooms in Basement (Potential to develop into Bedrooms)
- Off Courtyard Potential to convert into living accommodation
- Prep Kitchen Off Courtyard, stair access to first floor commercial kitchen
- Plant Room Gas fired central heating with two commercial gas boilers and infrastructure in place to service the entire building
- 1931 Extension Hallway and Large Reception Room
- Back Hallway to Chapel
- Eircode for property: F23 RF88
THE FIRST FLOOR COMPRISES:
- Porch to Front double entrance, original granite floor
- Entrance Hallway solid pine floor, decorative coving & centre rose/ light, storage cupboards off
- Reception Hallway solid pine floor, stairs to first floor with WC under, feature high ceiling, coving, centre rose, plant room off
- North East Drawing Room off Reception Room, solid pinr floor, granite fireplace, coving, centre light
- North West Drawing Room solid pine floor, decorative coving and centre light, fitted fireplace
- South East Drawing Room facing to front, solid original pine floor, marble fireplace, decorative coving & ceiling, centre rose/ light
- South West Drawing Room facing to front, in need of completion
- €Lough Mask€TMFunction Room Fully renovated with unrivalled views,
c.3,000 Sq.Ft with seating capacity for 220 (wedding) and 450 (concerts/ other events), storage room and commercial kitchen servicing
- Landing stairs to ground floor, located between function room and theatre, access door to Priests House
- Theatre Luxurious theatre c.3,225 Sq.Ft, original floor re-instated, coving, spotlights, raised stage area, incorporating ticket booth, projector room adjacent, green room to rear
- Green Room Located behind Theatre Stage, area of c.755 Sq.Ft
- 1931 Wing Potential to develop into 7 Bedrooms & Bathroom
THE SECOND FLOOR COMPRISES:
- Lough Cara Function Room - In need of completion with unrivalled views, overall area of c. 3,000 Sq. Ft 7 Bedrooms and Bathroom (Work in Progress)
- 1931 Wing - Potential to develop into 8 En-Suite Bedrooms and Bathroom
The Third Floor comprises:
Known as the Servant Quarters this area has the potential to be developed into 3 bedrooms. It is located in the original part of the house and provides access to the main roof.
The Priests House is located on the East Wing. It occupied an area of c.5,900 Square Foot over two floors. As named, this area was formerly the living quarters for the resident priests. It has been fully renovated into luxury accommodation and comprises:
- Reception Hallway
- Living Room/ Lounge
- Kitchen/ Dining
- Utility Room
- 10 Bedrooms
- 8 Bathrooms (7 En-Suite)
- Provision for Cable TV and data to all Bedrooms
Built in the 1960s, the Chapel/ Oratory has been fully renovated to its former glory. The main chapel has an area of c.2,660 Square Foot with sacristy and reception room adjacent. The original features remain intact including the seating, floor, stain glass, marble altar and confessional boxes.
Overlooking the chapel is the choir loft with ample room and accessed by separate entrance.
Seating Capacity of Chapel: 300
With the property formerly being a college, there is an extensive range of outbuildings that hold huge potential for re-development into accommodation such as a spa, retreat, recreation etc. They include:
- Workshop Ideally located adjoining Main House and suitable for conversion into toilet blocks to service function rooms.
- Garage Former garage located adjacent indoor ball court
- Indoor Ball Court Former indoor ball court located adjacent garage
- Shower Block Ideal for conversion into a spa
- Toilets to Rear 30 toilets in one block
- Large Courtyard to Centre of Property
- IP CCTV System Installed
- Commercial fire system
- Located close to Manulla River
- Net Internal Area c.58,234 Sq. Ft
- Overall Site Area c.7.16 Acres
- Unrivaled views of the surrounding countryside
- Access road recently re-surfaced
- Large Private Car-Park to Rear
Ballinafad House Located from:
Castlebar 14 KM
Westport 25 KM
Ireland West Airport Knock 39 KM
Galway City 68 KM
Dublin City 220 KM
BALLINAFAD HOUSE - THE FUTURE?
Since 2014, the current owners have transformed Ballinafad House to what it is today. Over half of the property has been fully restored to its former glory. The majority of the remaining works are well progressed . Since 2017 this property has been hired for events such as local fundraisers, weddings and corporate functions and all works complete are in full compliance. .
Having appeared on RTE "The Great House Revival" in 2018, Ballinafad House is well known both in Ireland and worldwide. You have a once in a lifetime opportunity to acquire this prestigious property that is nestled in an unspoilt area along the Wild Atlantic Way. Its future use may be a Private Georgian Home or Irelands Top Wedding Venue. Maybe a Hotel,Retreat and Spa...The next chapter of Ballinafad House awaits. It could be you who tells the next story of this historic property. Viewing comes highly recommended.
Viewing is strictly by appointment with the Auctioneer.
To arrange a viewing contact the office on 090-6663700
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.